1. The Gungahlin Lakes Club Championship is open to financial Lifestyle 5, 6, and 7 Day and Junior / Student / Intermediate Members (MALE and FEMALE) with a current Golf Australia handicap.
2. The maximum daily handicap for this event is 36 for MEN and 45 for WOMEN. Men’s handicap divisions will be determined by the Match Committee after receipt of all entry forms. Women will have one championship division but may have two divisions, depending on numbers, for each of the day competitions. Junior Champion eligibility is limited to players under the age of 18 years at the date of the first round.
3. The use of motorised ride-in carts or other ride-on vehicles is allowed.
4 Entries will be accepted until 3.00pm Friday the 11th of October 2019 (subject to available tee times)
5. Play shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf, as recognised by Golf Australia, and the Local Rules of the Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club. Play will commence from the 1st in all four rounds.
6 The GLGC Match Committee shall have the power to vary any tournament conditions and to determine any dispute or question arising as to the disqualification of any entrant and may, at it’s absolute discretion at any time and without assigning reason therefore, refuse entry or declare any entrant ineligible to compete.
7. Players must report to the starter ready to tee off at least twenty (20) minutes prior to their designated Tee Time.
8. In the event of a NETT tie in any Grade or Division, the winner shall be decided by the standard GA countback system.
9. In the event of a GROSS tie in any Grade or Division, the winner shall be decided by a sudden death stroke playoff as determined by the Match Committee.
10. Players and their caddies MUST comply with the dress requirements of the Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club. Non-compliance could see the player not allowed to start or asked to leave the course.
11. On completion of each round, all players are to complete their card administration and lodge the card with the Match Committee (via the score card box) within 15 minutes. Failure to lodge the completed card within this time frame may result in disqualification.
12. Handicaps for all 72 Hole NETT events shall be the daily handicap applying in the first round. For all Daily Competition single round results, handicaps will be adjusted via GolfLink daily. Players will be required to complete the card for each round using the handicap displayed on their card. The responsibility for calculating NETT scores for the 72 Hole Championship (including Leaderboard updates) will lie with the Match Committee.
13. The top four players in each of the Men’s Grades and the Women’s Grade after the third round, based on gross scores, will be placed in seeded groups for the final day’s play. Players must check the website to see if their tee time has been changed for the fourth round. Seeded players must have approval from the Club Captain, Vice-Captain or Women’s Captain if they wish to move from their tee time. Any seeded player who does not play in their seeded tee time will be ineligible for an overall championship ranking. Seeded groups will be scheduled starting 11.00am and in the following order; Women’s, Men’s C Grade, Men’s B Grade, Men’s A Grade.
14. In order to be eligible to play in the annual Club Championships, a member must:
- be a Financial Member of the Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club
- hold an official handicap that is recorded in GolfLink
- have completed 5 single player competitions in the preceding 4 months and the member’s score must be recorded in GolfLink
- have paid the appropriate competition fee.
15. A ‘single player competition’ may be any stroke, stableford or par competition not necessarily played at Gungahlin Lakes. All combined competitions such as foursomes will not be considered however where a player records all of his/her scores in a four ball competition and brings this to the attention of the Committee, this may be considered as qualifying in extenuating circumstances. Extenuating circumstances would include such things as sickness or absence from the Canberra area due to work.